Here you will find information related to the conduct of the annual Southeast Regional Cyber Defense Competition, hosted and coordinated by the KSU Center for Information Security Education staff.
The SECCDC is conducted by the Coles College of Business Center for Information Security Education.
The competition is held on the KSU campus during its spring break, and is managed by:
- Dr. Mike Whitman - SECCDC Director and Event Coordinator
- Dr. Herb Mattord - SECCDC Associate Director-Operations and Event Co-Coordinator
- Mr. James Blanton - Red Team Coordinator and co-Architect
Members of the competition management team may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday February 23, 2019 is the tentative date for the 2018 Virtual Preliminary Qualification Competition. The prelim lasts 5 hours, with one hour setup prior to the start of competition. Teams be assigned a time based on availability. Session 1 (8 AM - 2 PM), Session 2 (2 - 8 PM), EST.
The top 8 performing teams will be selected to compete in the on-site regional competition, to be hosted at KSU from 9 AM - 8 PM, April 3-4, 2019. The event will be held in the Burruss Building. Click here for a map.
The SECCDC is proud to invite the following teams to the on-site regional:
- Clemson University
- Columbus State University
- Kennesaw State University
- University of Central Florida
- University of Florida
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington
- University of South Alabama
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
The winner of the on-site regional competition will represent the Southeast region at the National CCDC in San Antonio, April 23-24, 2019.
In past competitions, we interviewed several competitors about their experiences. Please select the following link to view their interviews.
New promotional videos have been developed using interviews from a previous season. These can be viewed by clicking on the following links.
- 30 Second (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC30)
- 60 Second (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC60)
- 2 min (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC120)