Here you will find information related to the conduct of the annual Southeast Regional Cyber Defense Competition, hosted and coordinated by the KSU Center for Information Security Education staff.
The SECCDC is conducted by the Coles College of Business Center for Information Security Education.
The competition is held on the KSU campus during its spring break, and is managed by:
- Dr. Mike Whitman - SECCDC Director and Event Coordinator
- Dr. Herb Mattord - SECCDC Associate Director-Operations and Event Co-Coordinator
- Mr. James Blanton - Red Team Coordinator and co-Architect
Members of the competition management team may be reached by email at email@example.com
Saturday February 24, 2018 is the tentative date for the 2018 Virtual Preliminary Qualification Competition. The prelim lasts 4 hours. Teams be assigned a time based on availability. Session 1 (8 AM- 12 PM), Session 2 (1 - 5 PM), Session 3 (6-10 PM)
The top 8 performing teams will be selected to compete in the on-site regional competition, to be hosted at KSU from 8am-6pm, April 2-3, 2018. The event will be held in the Burruss Building. Click here for a map.
The SECCDC is proud to invite the following teams to the on-site regional:
- Clemson University, SC
- Kennesaw State University, GA
- Mercer University, GA
- University of Central Florida, FL
- University of Florida, FL
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte, NC
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington, NC
- University of South Alabama, AL
The winner of the on-site regional competition will represent the Southeast region at the National CCDC in San Antonio, April 13-15, 2018.
In 2015 we interviewed several competitors about the competition. Please select the following link to view their interviews.
New promotional videos have been developed using interviews from the 2014 season. These can be viewed by clicking on the following links.
- 30 Second (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC30)
- 60 Second (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC60)
- 2 min (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC120)